Katie Homemaker

Yeah, that's right. Me. The homemaker. Go ahead and get it out. Enjoy the laughter.

I haven't been posting much lately because I've been keeping myself pretty busy. Aside from all the momming-a-needy-crankypants, cooking, traveling, and playing with photoshop that I've been doing, I've been working on Rory's Halloween costume. I doubt you've ever heard of Yo Gabba Gabba, and if you have, you either have a young kid or grandkid. It's like TV kiddie crack.
Rory's birthday was Gabba themed and so when it came time to start thinking about Halloween, I had a hunch that that we'd be going Gabba again. I gave Rory the choice of being Abby Caddaby (from Sesame Street) or Toodee (the blue lizard cat thingy in the picture). She chose Toodee. Of course she did. That's the harder of the two costumes. Especially because of what you can't see in this picture. She has spikes down her back and a tail with more spikes on it. Fun.

Did I mention that I'm sewing this thing from scratch? Oh. I didn't? Well, yeah. I am. Did I mention that they DON'T make patterns for it? How 'bout the fact that I don't really know any proper sewing techniques? Or that I don't have a real sewing machine. Left that out too? Oops. But for some reason, none of that seemed to cross my mind when I made the decision to make it.

The best part, though, is that I'm actually doing it. I'm totally making it up as I go, but I'm doing it. The main body part of the costume is actually done. Yay me! I can't wait to post pictures of the finished product. :)

Patrice  – (October 6, 2009 at 7:48 AM)  

You are completely insane, but I love you anyway.

Completely changing the topic: "Knights are Brave and Strong." Look it up. It's the one.

brightleigh  – (October 6, 2009 at 9:21 PM)  

I am sure it will be great Katie...after all you pulled off Oscar the Grouch several years ago and it was AWESOME! Can't wait to see pictures!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP