What a learning experience!

I *think* my first job was a success. (At least for it being my first job.) I wasn't really looking for a job, but Victoria asked if I would be willing to do it and I really needed some experience with subjects other than my children.

I learned quite a lot about my camera, as well as photography in general through the whole experience. One of those is that I can't really trust my camera's meter when it comes to exposure on a cloudy day - I still get underexposed pictures when it thinks everything is kosher. For that reason, I can't really trust aperture priority mode and need to stick to manual. I chickened while I was doing some of the portraits and moved back to aperture priority. The ones I took on manual actually came out better. (Makes me feel a little good about myself. (: ) I just wished I would have been checking my histogram more so that I knew that my pictures were getting underexposed in Av mode. (They way they look on the LCD display is NOT an accurate indication of exposure. DEFINITELY learned that this weekend.) It made for a lot of work in post.

Anyway, I did get to take some fun shots in addition to all the typical family shots. These are my two favorite.




I feel really dorky for doing it, but I'm going to start watermarking my photos . Gotta protect my stuff from the crazies. You know... since I'm SO good and all. :P

Dea  – (November 19, 2009 at 9:31 PM)  

I really love the first one! Its awesome! As for the watermarking, i feel silly for doing it to but your right, gotta protect from the crazies! Lol

Unknown  – (November 23, 2009 at 8:33 PM)  

Am I a crazy? :D I think you did AWESOME and I think my family didn't mind you at all taking the pictures! I know you weren't really looking for a job BUT....you have a real talent and maybe...hopefully.....you'll keep doing it!! (?)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP