I'm Bringing Blogging Back...

for a visit. I'll quit again in, oh (looks at watch) tomorrow. But, I wanted to share my new purchase. I got a new camera. What kind you ask? Drumroll please.... a new point and shoot. :) Nope, not a new fancy big camera or exciting lens. A point and shoot. One that has a lens that comes out every time I turn it on and that will actually open the shutter cover. Pretty exciting stuff considering my old one has been acting up for about 2 years now.

I haven't been taking as many pics of the kids recently because I don't like hauling my SLR to the park every time I go or while we are out on walks and the old point and shoot made me mad. So I decided it was time to get a new point and shoot. I went with one that has some manual controls so the control freak in me can override the camera's decisions when I think it's wrong. It's got an awesome zoom and HD video which were important because I don't want to haul around a camera and a camcorder. I'm pretty happy with it. In all honesty, there is a part of me that LOVES the harsh shadows, crazy flash, and graininess that comes from a point and shoot. I know that sounds insane from someone so into photography, but I adore snapshots--pictures that are about the moment and nothing else. A picture doesn't alway have to be composed well or be technically correct to warm your heart and make you smile.

It can remind you that your 3 year old cares more about directions than daddy.

Or that your 14 month old covers her face anytime she hears the word "where" because she thinks you are going to say "Where's Quinn?"

And then she has to show you where she was.

Or that your husband will let you take a wide-angle shot that will make his head look huge simply because he knows that playing with photo stuff makes you happy. And at the end of the day, he loves you so much, that doesn't care that he looks silly as long as you are happy.

I like my new point and shoot.

Patrice  – (July 28, 2010 at 11:14 PM)  

Just in time. You were about to get CALLED OUT. Love you. :)

Unknown  – (September 11, 2010 at 10:22 PM)  

HEY. Is that the cake Jackson got Rory for her bday? :D

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP