I don't know

That's about the mood I'm in. Things have been a little topsy turvy around here over the last week. Nathan has been super busy with work because of an approaching deadline (tomorrow) and has been working every night. He's sitting on the couch beside me the whole time, but he's so engrossed in what's going on, I could be in Canada and I don't think he would notice the difference. I'm not irritated about it--he's just doing what he needs to do to support the family--but a lot of days, he's really my only adult contact, so after a week of that every night, I'm just starting to be a bit bummed out about it.


To add to the bummage, we didn't make it to church this week (again) because Rory had a fever Saturday night and Sunday morning. So there's another major blow to the attempt at adult contact. Positive note, though, the fever disappeared as quickly as it came and Rory is doing fine.

I think lack of sleep is starting to take its toll as well. Quinn has been teething (her two bottom teeth poked through last Thursday) and has been waking up completely hysterical in the middle of the night. I HATED the nights when Rory was at this phase and I'm still not a fan. The newborn nights I don't mind--get up, bottle/nurse, back to sleep. No, no my friend. Screaming. Blood curdling, world-is-over screaming. For an hour. Or two. Ugh. Oh, and she's waking up at 6am now. NOT COOL.

On top of all of that, Darby had her worst seizure yet today. She's been having them on and off for the past two years or so. She'd been having them every 3-4 months for awhile and we had kinda been just monitoring them. Unfortunately, they've been getting closer and closer together and more severe. Today's came on the heals of one just two weeks ago and lasted almost a full 10 minutes. Rory caught a glimpse of today's and it scared her so bad. We brought Darby in to the vet (same office that had previously told me they could provide care for her, but that it would total roughly $1800 a year not including her typical care like shots and stuff.), but saw a different vet than the last time. I liked this guy so much. He didn't make me feel like a crappy pet owner like the last guy did and even told me that while there were ideal ways to address care, they would work with us to come up with a plan that we could afford that would help provide Darby with care. So Darby is now on seizure medication, which makes me glad, but at the same time nervous because it has to be given twice daily and at the same time every day. With our schedules, it's going to be a challenge. And as a side note, there is no reason why it should cost more to take my dog to the vet than it would for me to pay for a doctor's visit out of pocket. It's ridiculous. But I digress.

While it's not nearly as frustrating as everything else that's going on, I haven't been able to get my 365 project pictures uploaded since Nathan is having to use the good computer all the time. I'm taking them, but I'm like 6 days behind at uploading them. So frustrating. But that's minor. And in the scheme of things, it doesn't really matter. But it is another piece of straw. And this camel is not one known for keeping her emotional fortitude.

I've probably bummed everyone out by now, but it was good to type all of this. I knew I'd been kind of out of it over the past few days, but I didn't really realize just how much. Hopefully things will be on the up and up again soon. I've got some pretty cool things going on in the midst of my rut, but I will save those for another post. One that can be totally happy and positive. But for now, vent over.

Lauren  – (January 12, 2010 at 8:23 AM)  

So sorry that you're having "bummed out" time, though I think everyone is allowed that (and should have it) every now and then. Are there are any play groups in your area that could help with the adult contact? I'd imagine that would get easier when it gets warmer, but I know that doesn't help right now...

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP